If you’re thinking about getting into Ethereum mining, you’ve come to the right place. Finding the best GPU for mining Ethereum can be tough since having high gaming benchmarks and a high price tag doesn’t necessarily mean the graphics card is the best when it comes to mining.
When selecting a GPU for mining Ethereum, you have to weigh the following:
- Hash Rate
- Power Consumption
You are looking for something that has the best balance between the three.
Best GPU for Mining Ethereum – Radeon RX Vega 64
The AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 is the latest GPU from AMD that simply dominates mining. Stock, it can mine Ethereum at 33 MH/s using around 200 watts but with a little tweaking, the hash rate can be as high as 41 MH/s using as little as 135 watts! This card is simply a monster. They are flying off the shelves so make sure you grab yours when you can. You can buy them here.
Other Great GPUs for Mining Ethereum
- Radeon RX Vega 56 – 31 MH/s using 190 watts
- GeForce GTX 1080 TI – 32 MH/s using 200 watts
- Radeon Rx 580 – 25 MH/s using 175 watts
- Radeon Rx 480 – 24 MH/s using 170 watts
- Geforce GTX 1070 – 27 MH/s using 200 watts
- Radeon Rx 570 – 22 MH/s using 125 watts
- Radeon Rx 470 – 21 MH/s using 120watts
- Geforce GTX 1060 – 20 MH/s using 110 watts
- Radeon R9 290x – 28 MH/s using 280 watts
These are stock hash rates and stock power consumption. There are many tweaks that can be done such as overclocking, lower the voltage, using different firmware and beta drivers. Every card is different so you’ll have to find the sweet spot.
And if you are looking to mine other Cryptocurrencies, you can use the same exact hardware. You simply have to run a different mining script.
If you need guidance on the other pieces needed to build a mining rig, check out Build an Ethereum Mining Rig. Now get out there and have some fun!